Valley Terrace offers a full program of community activities, providing the perfect opportunity to build new friendships and cultivate interests and hobbies. With the input of residents, we offer a variety of social, educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities to appeal to a broad range of interests. Offerings may include:
Entertainment and Outings
- In-house music, arts, entertainment and movies
- Outings to theater, musical events, movies, museums, galleries, antique shows, car shows, restaurants, shopping, scenic drives, picnics, sports events and more
Social Events and Parties
- Social and cocktail hours
- Afternoon teas
- Holiday parties, theme parties, and barbeques
- Visits by friends, family, volunteers, school kids, pets/therapy pets
Games, Classes, Clubs and Hobbies
- Cards, bingo, puzzles, and other games
- Arts & Crafts
- Gardening, Flower arranging
- Clubs reflecting resident interests (e.g., men's club, book club)
- Sports-related gatherings (e.g., Superbowl)
Intellectual and Educational Pursuits
- Lectures and readings
- Current events and morning news chat
- Trivia and brain aerobics
- Lending library, including large font books and books on tape
- Computers, Ipads and training
- Special Event: Robert Santulli, MD and Megan Bunnell MA, MS, student at Dartmouth Geisel Medical School in conjuction with Valley Terrace Assisted Living are offering a presentation on "Dartmouth Dementia Directive".
- Come to a free presentation at Valley Terrace Assisted Living in White River Junction, VT on Wednesday, Nov. 7th at either 2:30 pm or 6:00 pm to hear a presentation on this important issue and have an opportunity to view and if desired complete a directive form. Please RSVP by Nov. 2nd to 802-280-1910. The presentation is free and open to the public. Second location for this presentation will be Wheelock Terrace in Hanover, NH on Tuesday, Nov. 13th at 6:00 pm.
Fitness & Wellness Programs
- Exercise classes to build strength, flexibility, and balance; Walking; Yoga; Tai Chi
- Wii games to promote physical and social activity, such as Wii bowling.
- Athletically inclined residents may request outings for favored activities such as swimming, bowling, golf or dance.
- Music therapy
- Religious services and celebrations
- Visits by clergy
- Residents committees help plan activities and menus and welcome new residents.
Calendar of Activities & Events
We offer a full calendar of activities and events filled with opportunities to enjoy life. To help residents, friends and families stay engaged in community life, our calendars are available online, on paper, on common area display monitors, and on resident TV sets (upon tuning to our own cable channel).
We invite you to view our current Monthly Activities Calendar.
Also view our state-of-the-art, Digitally Displayed Calendar (note that the graphics change slowly, with new graphics appearing even after some have repeated). Available in our common areas and online, it's sure to prompt interest with its lively and useful information, including:
Daily activities calendar
Sampling of upcoming events
Interesting facts such as information about "this day in history," holidays and birthdays
Colorful photos and graphics